Being in a creative profession and having a daily blog, sometimes it can be hard to always find inspiration. So where do I go to seek daily inspiration? Take a peak:
1. Blogs. I try to read my favorite 3 or 4 blogs daily. While I follow many more, there are some in particular that just inspire me to be more creative, try harder with my own blog, and work to inspire others. Follow Cupcakes and Cashmere, Elements of Style Blog, and The Man Repeller for inspiration.
2. Pinterest. I think everyone can agree with this. We’re staring at photos of how the 0.005% live and vicariously living through them. A vacation in Bora Bora, a home in the South of France, a beautiful wedding filled with fresh peonies, beautiful bridesmaids and a never-ending mac and cheese station? Those are the things that dreams are made of.
3. The Sun and The Lake. When it is nice out, my energy is at its highest and a smile is more consistently on my face. Therefore, I can breathe easier and my mind flows more steadily. Getting up to The Lake every summer is my sanity-pill. Spending time with family, childhood friends and soaking up the summer sun is what keeps me going.
4. My friends. I love when my friends come to me with design questions. My friend’s gallery wall filled with items she picked up on a girls trip we took together put the biggest smile on my face. She worked hard to make this work of art cohesive and I think it turned out great.
5. My family. If my parents weren’t letting me experiment my design taste on our own house, who knows who’s house would be my next experimentation lab! My bedroom was my first big design challenge and I am pretty proud of it.
Have you got a go-to list of things that inspire you? I’d love to hear them!